Replacing Picture Glass in Broken Picture Frames

Hey!

Today we're going to learn a very important skill that every picture frame expert needs to know. We're going to learn how to replace broken picture glass.

Picture glass can be broken fairly easily--especially if you have kids around the house! With glass picture frames, the entire frame is made out of glass. If it's broken, your only option is to get a new frame. This is one of the downsides to glass frames. For wooden frames, on the other hand, you can easily replace the glass, and in most cases, the photo or painting won't even be damaged!

The first step is to remove the broken glass. Be extra careful when you do this. Broken glass is very sharp, and it is easy to get hurt. Once you've removed all the glass from the frame, be sure to sweep up any glass that fell when you were cleaning. Next, dispose of the glass. After the glass is disposed, it's time to put the replacement in.

Replacement picture glass can be purchased online, or at any DIY home arts and crafts store. Be sure to measure your picture frame before you buy the glass, or else you might end up getting the wrong size. Once you buy the replacement, simply fit it into the notches on your wooden picture frame.

And there you have it! Replacing broken picture glass is very easy. To prevent picture glass from breaking in the first place, here's a few helpful hints.

1. Don't hang picture frames unless they are secured. Many people hang picture frames on small nails. Because of this, a broken picture frame is inevitable. Make sure your frames are stable and have multiple contact points if you're going to be hanging them up.

2. Don't put leaning picture frames on small tables. Often, picture frames are accidentally knocked over. If the frame is on a small table, it can fall and break.

Good luck with your framing!

31 comments:

  1. I have found your superb blog with great information in Picture frames
    Picture Photo Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for valuable info.

    designmyframe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this grate information about glass picture frame.This one is very beautiful frame.

    picture framing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really found very useful information from your Blog, thanks for posting. Everyone may well live in a digital world but theres instances when an item of hard copy or maybe a classic masterpiece of design has to fit into 1 of the numerous sizes of snap frames which happens to be out there out there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very important topic regarding Photo frame. It has some useful tips fro changing photo frame glass.

    picture framing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog and some great information on Picture frames. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point about making sure picture frames are fitted to walls securely. People think that nails are going to be OK but you can only be sure they're secure with screws.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently broke the glass in a picture frame to put up a picture of a new born family member. It's a shame when it happens but at least it can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is important to use wall plugs and screws if hanging large picture frames due to the weight of the frame. Also check the condition of the wall and check for electrical wiring before you start drilling or nailing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its really nice to hear about glass picture frame. Thanks for sharing this informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am agree with your Blog.Thanks for the useful information.I have been reading a lot of stuff about it. but the way in it is presented is nice.Here is the information about
    camera crews in delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with your points. In addition, picture frame bought from toronto picture frame dealer can be secured with hook with rivet fastener for walls in which. In contrast, with adhesive based fastener that often falls short of securing picture frames onto walls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the article! When it comes to picture framing I'd say the easiest part is replacing the glass! Or maybe it's just because I have done it so many times haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good! If possible, I think I also need to share more inforamtion for photo/picture fframe

    ReplyDelete
  17. My nephew just broke a couple of my picture frames. Now I'm looking for new glass and frames in Edmonton to replace them. What kind of frames would go best with a cream wall?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this article, its been a really interesting read. There is so much to learn about frames Edmonton and how there made but I'm determined to give it a try and figure it out. Thanks for sharing, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am looking for a place that does picture framing in Victoria? I have a few pictures and paintings I would like to be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog. I've bee looking everywhere for frames in Edmonton that look similar to these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great article. I am looking for picture framing in Victoria for a long time now. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  22. What do I need to consider when finding frames in Edmonton? What materials are better for outside to fare against the weather? I want to make my patio a nice place with a few pictures this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for posting this. I want to do some glass picture framing in Victoria is there a way to make it a lot stronger? I dont want them all to break.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think this was a great post. I recently have been doing my own custom picture framing in Highland, IN and that has been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replacing glass for frames is never fun. You have to be mostly exact or the entire thing is worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for this I've been looking into picture framing in Somerville and this gave me some great information on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks! very informative. I need to find another picture frame.
    bryanflake1984|http://www.dallasframearts.com/main/about.htm

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for sharing this! I have been looking into getting good picture framing in Canberra... Are you familiar with this company at all: www.trophy.net.au?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Let us commence a journey into the much travelled topic of custom picture framers. I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of custom picture framers. Though custom picture framers is a favourite topic of discussion amongst monarchs, presidents and dictators, there are just not enough blues songs written about custom picture framers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great tips. I can't wait to try this out! We have three frames with cracked glass, and I just haven't known what to do with them. Now we can put them back on display! Thiago | http://www.trophy.net.au/classic-framing

    ReplyDelete